Ice Cream manufacturer, Dr. Bob’s, has recalled five ice cream brands due to the potential threat product contamination of Listeria, and has been forced to shut down by the FDA.
The following California based ice cream companies are all part of the FDA issued recall:
- AC Creamery of Anaheim (Manila Sky Purple Yum)
- McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams of Santa Barbara (mint chip, peppermint stick, salted caramel chip, sweet cream, Turkish coffee, vanilla bean and Dutchman’s chocolate)
- ISB Food Group of Los Angeles (Nancy’s Fancy butterscotch Budino gelato and Nancy’s Fancy peanut butter with crunchy peanuts gelato with expiration dates of March 18, 2017)
- ISB Food Group of Los Angeles (L.A. Creamery honeycomb ice cream and L.A. Creamery salted caramel ice cream with expiration dates of March 18, 2017)
- Agave Dream of Palos Verdes Peninsula (chocolate, lavender, vanilla, chocolate chip and cappuccino)
Dr. Bob’s owner, Robert Small addressed the situation by saying, “We’ve been working with the FDA in dealing with this issue on a current basis.” He also stated that he made the decision to close his business, and hopes “under new ownership it will open again.”
Listeria are bacteria that can cause serious and fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and those with weakened immune systems.
Symptoms of a listeria infection include:
- High fever
- Severe headache
- Abdominal pain
Listeria infections can also cause miscarriages and stillbirth in pregnant women. Those who have eaten the recalled ice cream products and see developing listeria infection symptoms should seek medical attention and inform their doctor of the possible exposure to listeria. It can take up to 70 days for symptoms to develop. Those who have purchased any of the ice cream products mentioned above from Nancy’s Fancy or L.A. Creamery are being urged to contact ISB Food Group for a full refund at 818-405-0022, Ext. 103. Any consumers with questions may contact this number as well.
If you or a loved one have fallen ill as a direct result of faulty products, the attorneys of Hodes Milman Ikuta can provide you with the assistance you need. Contact us today online at verdictvictory.com or call (949) 640-8222 for a complimentary case evaluation.