Jeffrey A. Milman
Jeffrey A. Milman
Jeffrey A. Milman, founding and managing partner, is a seasoned medical products, mass torts and personal injury trial lawyer serving clients nationally as well as throughout California.
Jeff is our law firm’s resident authority on medical malpractice litigation against the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs under the Federal Tort Claims Act. He currently is lead counsel in a number of such cases pending against the VA. Jeff is an expert trial litigator with extensive courtroom experience handling medical and professional negligence, product liability with an emphasis on personal injury cases and medical devices including pain pumps and hip replacements. He was appointed liaison counsel for hundreds of pain pump cases recently coordinated under a JCCP in the Orange County Superior Court.
Jeff has successfully litigated hundreds of cases that were resolved either by jury verdict, arbitration award or settlement. He has won many large financial verdicts, including, at the time, record setting verdicts in Orange County history for a splenectomy case and a soft-tissue injury in a motor vehicle case. He is the past president of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association and is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
In 1978, Jeff obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Business Management from California State University, Fullerton and earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was a member of the 1980-1981 Law Review. He also received a degree in Advanced Legal Education in California Evidence from the University of Southern California in 1990.
Jeff is admitted to practice personal injury law before all state and federal courts within California.
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- The Orange County Bar Association (chairman, Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee, 1986-1993; director,
- Lawyer Referral Service, 1994-1995; vice chair, Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee, (1993-1996)
- Member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (AAJ)
- Member of Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- The Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (Past President, 2004; Board of Directors, 1991- 1993, 1995-2007; Editor of the Gavel, 2000-2001; Assistant editor of the Gavel, (2002-2003)
- Past president of the Rotary Club of Coto de Caza/Rancho Santa Margarita
- Judge Pro Tempore of Orange County Superior Court (1990-2008)
- Judge Pro Tempore of Orange County Municipal Court (1987-1990)
- Past director of Orange County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (1994-1995)
- Instructor at College of Trial Advocacy, Orange County Bar Association (1986- present)
- Past professor at Saddleback College, Civil Litigation and Trial Practice
- Past Editorial Advisory Board, James Publishing, Inc. California Objections (CAOB)
- Charter Fellow at American Academy of Trial Counsel (2007-present)
- Top 50 Super Lawyers in Orange County: 2009 – present
- Southern California Super Lawyers, signifying a place among the top 5% of the region’s attorneys: 2005 – present
- Voted Top Gun Personal Injury Attorney by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association: 2006
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association: 2007
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, The Top Trial Lawyers in America; membership limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (OCTLA) Hall of Fame Inductee 2022
Additionally, Jeff has written numerous articles on medical and medical-legal issues that have been published in law journals statewide and nationally. He is also an instructor for the Orange County Bar Association’s College of Trial Advocacy and a frequent speaker for bar associations and other professional organizations on various medical and medical-legal topics.
To reach Jeff Milman, contact our firm by calling (949) 640-8222.
GET A FREE CASE REVIEW
FREE CONSULTATION - sidebar
Take advantage of our free, private case review offer! Simply fill out the form below or call us at (949) 640-8222 to schedule your consultation.
Jeff Milman was referred to me by a friend of mine. I had never sued anyone so I was not familiar with how this would all go. It's kind of hard to believe but it was a really positive experience. Although the lawsuit took over 2 years to get to court, (which is normal) it was fine because Jeff and his team took care of everything for me and I didn't have to worry about it. When we went to court, we were buttoned up, were there for 4 days, and won! I am proud to say sometimes the little guy gets a fair shake. The system worked for me and I believe a huge part of it was because it was with Jeff and his team. He was prepared, respectful of me and listened to me. I would recommend Jeff and his team.
Jeff Millman was referred to us after my wife was in a very serious auto accident. He has been responsive, accessible and on top of our case from the start. Jeff is also very personable and really cares about his clients and the outcomes. Kudos to his team as well, Brenda his assistant and Drew have been great to work with and always very responsive. We are happy to recommend them as our experience has been exceptional.
My husband received bad medical care and as a result almost died. I was fortunate enough to be referred to Jeff Milman. Jeff was so easy to talk to and worked so hard to get us a settlement. He kept us informed every step of the way. It was so great to have someone who believed in us after what we went through. We are forever grateful for the work he did on our behalf and would highly recommend him to anyone in our situation.