Jeffrey A. Milman
Jeffrey A. Milman
Jeffrey A. Milman, founding and managing partner, is a seasoned medical products, mass torts and personal injury trial lawyer serving clients nationally as well as throughout California.
Jeff is our law firm’s resident authority on medical malpractice litigation against the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs under the Federal Tort Claims Act. He currently is lead counsel in a number of such cases pending against the VA. Jeff is an expert trial litigator with extensive courtroom experience handling medical and professional negligence, product liability with an emphasis on personal injury cases and medical devices including pain pumps and hip replacements. He was appointed liaison counsel for hundreds of pain pump cases recently coordinated under a JCCP in the Orange County Superior Court.
Jeff has successfully litigated hundreds of cases that were resolved either by jury verdict, arbitration award or settlement. He has won many large financial verdicts, including, at the time, record setting verdicts in Orange County history for a splenectomy case and a soft-tissue injury in a motor vehicle case. He is the past president of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association and is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
In 1978, Jeff obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Business Management from California State University, Fullerton and earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was a member of the 1980-1981 Law Review. He also received a degree in Advanced Legal Education in California Evidence from the University of Southern California in 1990.
Jeff is admitted to practice personal injury law before all state and federal courts within California.
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- The Orange County Bar Association (chairman, Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee, 1986-1993; director,
- Lawyer Referral Service, 1994-1995; vice chair, Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee, (1993-1996)
- Member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (AAJ)
- Member of Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- The Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (Past President, 2004; Board of Directors, 1991- 1993, 1995-2007; Editor of the Gavel, 2000-2001; Assistant editor of the Gavel, (2002-2003)
- Past president of the Rotary Club of Coto de Caza/Rancho Santa Margarita
- Judge Pro Tempore of Orange County Superior Court (1990-2008)
- Judge Pro Tempore of Orange County Municipal Court (1987-1990)
- Past director of Orange County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (1994-1995)
- Instructor at College of Trial Advocacy, Orange County Bar Association (1986- present)
- Past professor at Saddleback College, Civil Litigation and Trial Practice
- Past Editorial Advisory Board, James Publishing, Inc. California Objections (CAOB)
- Charter Fellow at American Academy of Trial Counsel (2007-present)
- Top 50 Super Lawyers in Orange County: 2009 – present
- Southern California Super Lawyers, signifying a place among the top 5% of the region’s attorneys: 2005 – present
- Voted Top Gun Personal Injury Attorney by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association: 2006
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association: 2007
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, The Top Trial Lawyers in America; membership limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Additionally, Jeff has written numerous articles on medical and medical-legal issues that have been published in law journals statewide and nationally. He is also an instructor for the Orange County Bar Association’s College of Trial Advocacy and a frequent speaker for bar associations and other professional organizations on various medical and medical-legal topics.
To reach Jeff Milman, contact our firm by calling 949-640-8222.
GET A FREE CASE REVIEW
MEET THE ATTORNEYS
When you work with us, you’ll see the difference. A lot of firms are quick to show you numbers, and it is absolutely true that your lawyer should have experience and a strong track record in the area that you require. However, we’ll take it one step further. We also believe that your attorney should put your needs, cares and desires first. Because you deserve more than just compensation for your losses - you deserve a true advocate.