Daniel Martin Hodes
Daniel Martin Hodes
Daniel M. Hodes is a founding and managing partner of Hodes Milman, LLP. His expertise in the area of complex medical malpractice actions and his extensive, successful plaintiffs personal injury trial experience make him one of the most sought-after lawyers in California amongst victims and the families seeking justice.
Dan has successfully resolved by way of trial, settlement, or arbitration, hundreds of civil actions in the seven and eight figure ranges, including a landmark verdict in which an HMO was ordered to pay $10.96 million for the wrongful death of a young wife and mother. At the time, this was the largest medical malpractice wrongful death jury verdict in Orange County history, in a state that has established significant limits on the overall amount of monetary damages that can be obtained in medical malpractice actions. He also achieved the second largest medical malpractice wrongful death verdict in the county at the time, a $5.3 million verdict in 2006 for the death of a 38-year-old husband and father.
Dan’s unwavering differentiator from other lawyers outside of the firm is to ensure his clients receive the maximum compensation under the law.
Overall, Dan has earned more than 50 jury verdicts, arbitrations and negotiated settlements in excess of 1 million dollars, and has recovered more than $100 million on behalf of his clients. He has been nominated by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association a record-breaking three times for “Top Gun” in the field of Medical Negligence.
Dan is admitted to practice law before all State and Federal Courts within California, and frequently lectures at trial lawyer conferences and is on the faculty of the College of Trial Advocacy.
If you would like to speak with Dan Hodes directly, please call our offices at 949-640-8222.
Dan received his Bachelor of Science degree from the State University of New York in 1977 and his Juris Doctorate from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1981. While at Pepperdine, he was the President of the Student Bar Association.
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates: 1995 – present
- President, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association: 1999
- Elected to Board of Governors, Consumer Attorneys of California: 1995-2009
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Member, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum: 1992
- Top 100 Super Lawyers in Southern California: 2009 – present
- Top 50 Super Lawyers in Orange County: 2005, 2007, 2009 – present
- Southern California Super Lawyers, signifying a place amongst the top 5% of the region’s attorneys: 2004 – present
- Finalist for California Trial Lawyer of the Year: 2004, 2006
- Orange County Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyer of the Year: 2002, 2006
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, The Top Trial Lawyers in America; membership limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
To reach Dan Hodes, contact our firm by calling 949-640-8222.
GET A FREE CASE REVIEW
MEET THE ATTORNEYS
When you work with us, you’ll see the difference. A lot of firms are quick to show you numbers, and it is absolutely true that your lawyer should have experience and a strong track record in the area that you require. However, we’ll take it one step further. We also believe that your attorney should put your needs, cares and desires first. Because you deserve more than just compensation for your losses - you deserve a true advocate.